Over the past years muscle relaxers treatments have become established for their safe, easy application and results. It is now the preferred method used to treat wrinkles, especially in the upper segment of the face.
The muscle relaxer that we use is a purified protein which acts to reduce tension between nerves and muscles. This protein was first applied as a therapy in the late 1960s and used in the treatment of neurological disorders by specialists in the fields of Traumatology, Ophthalmology and Neurology. In 2002 the US-based FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved its use in aesthetic medicine, and the Spanish authorities followed in 2004.
· It is the treatment of choice for wrinkles and the upper part of the face
· Muscle relaxers helps blepharospasm and the relaxation of facial muscles
· Treats gummy smiles by reducing the lifting action of the muscle, through which the upper lip is raised less and the gums are not as exposed when you smile
The pharmaceutical use of the product specifically “for the temporal improvement in the appearance of moderate to intense vertical lines between eyebrows when frowning, in adults under 65 years” was authorised in the medical circular published by the Agencia Española del Medicamento y Productos Sanitarios.
Muscle relaxers should not be used in the following cases:
· During pregnancy and lactation
· If you are allergic to egg whites
· If you suffer from neuromuscular discorders